httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/aaa config.m4
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2001 06:49:08 GMT
On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 11:28:08PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> The second part is, yes.  mod_auth_db and mod_auth_digest should be
> enabled if the user asks for all.  We should just do a better job making sure
> that they can be built.

A commit that changes the warning to an error is on the way.  This
should resolve your veto.

I do this under slight protest because I think that --enable-modules=all
and --enable-modules=most should work on all platforms regardless of
external dependencies.  mod_ssl, mod_auth_db, and mod_auth_digest rely
on external packages that are not typically installed.

In the case of mod_ssl, OpenSSL may even be illegal to install in
the user's locality.  IMHO, anything that requires *external*
dependencies above and beyond the normal build requirements shouldn't
be in all or most.

However, I don't care enough to fight this.  You win.  =-)  -- justin