httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/aaa config.m4
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2001 05:57:12 GMT
On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 10:26:32PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I just noticed this.
>
> >  Log:
> >  Fix --enable-modules=all breakage with mod_auth_db and mod_auth_digest
> >  by allowing a module to disable itself if its prerequisites are not met.
> >
> >  This introduces the subtle nuance that if you request a module and you
> >  don't meet its prerequisites, it'll refuse to build itself.
> >
> >  mod_ssl exits if its prerequisites are not met.
>
> -1.  If I enable a module, I want that module.  If it can't be configured, then we should
> print an error message, and exit the configuration.  I will not move these changes
> forward, and this should be backed out before 2.0.25.

It is implicitly enabled via --enable-modules=all.  The user did not
specify that they wanted these modules exactly.  I posted a message
asking if we should only disable it if the user did not explictly
request it and error out if they did explictly request it.  Should
this be our behavior instead?

The situation before this commit was that on almost all platforms,
--enable-modules=all configuration was broken because mod_auth_db
and mod_auth_digest would be enabled at configure time.  However,
compilation would fail because of failed dependencies.  -- justin