httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 00:44:57 GMT
On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 07:32:55PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> If a user has many (existing) gdbm user databases, but would rather use Berkley db
> for caching performance in the bits like mod_ssl and mod_usertrack, why should we
> cripple their auth_dbm?

Point taken.  Then, I should remove this STATUS bit entirely because
someone (Greg?) implemented apu_dbm in mod_auth_dbm.

However, there doesn't seem to be any way to enable apu_dbm via a
configuration option.  It looks like it always uses some variant of
ndbm - gdbm doesn't seem to be an option.  -- justin