httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/aaa config.m4
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 00:39:35 GMT
On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 12:31:50AM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> jerenkrantz    01/08/16 17:31:50
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES acinclude.m4
>                modules/aaa config.m4
>   Log:
>   Fix --enable-modules=all breakage with mod_auth_db and mod_auth_digest
>   by allowing a module to disable itself if its prerequisites are not met.
>
>   This introduces the subtle nuance that if you request a module and you
>   don't meet its prerequisites, it'll refuse to build itself.
>
>   mod_ssl exits if its prerequisites are not met.

Oops.  I hit :q before I meant to.  Anyway, you could make it so that if
the module was specifically requested (via AC_ARG_ENABLE), that if its
prerequisite checks fail, we should fail (like what mod_ssl does).  If
it was specified via "all" (as in the case of mod_auth_db and
mod_auth_digest), it should simply disable itself and go on.

Thoughts?  -- justin