httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include httpd.h
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:11:35 GMT
On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 05:09:42PM -0000, bnicholes@apache.org wrote:
> bnicholes    01/08/13 10:09:42
>
>   Modified:    src/include httpd.h
>   Log:
>   Redefined ap_http_method(r) to ap_os_http_method(r) for NetWare so that
>   we can appropriately recontruct the URL in ap_contruct_url() based on a
>   secure or unsecure socket.

-1.  This has nothing to do with the OS.  If you need the functionality,
get the patch from Apache-SSL and apply the common part of it such that this
will work for all platforms and all SSL modules.  And change the name to
ap_server_url_scheme (or something else that doesn't contradict the HTTP
specification).

DO NOT make changes to functionality in 1.3 without posting them to the
mailing list first for vote an approval.

....Roy