httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.23 tagging this afternoon
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 18:38:33 GMT
On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 01:51:02PM -0400, Greg Ames wrote:
> I expect threaded to work properly, except for two issues:
>
> *  not getting core dumps on Linux, and
> *  processes staying in mutex land with a "G" in the scoreboard on a
> server with no incoming requests (yawn).
>
> If anybody has problems with the threaded MPM on servers that actually
> have incoming http requests, please let us know.

It is unacceptable to have an MPM that can't handle a restart when it
is idle.  The current threaded MPM exhibits this behavior.  From my
perspective, any MPM that exhibits this behavior should not be enabled
by default in a beta-quality build.  -- justin

P.S. I can get core dumps on Linux with the threaded MPM (I haven't
been following that thread too closely, so I'm not sure what the
problem is).