httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.23 tagging this afternoon
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 17:09:22 GMT
On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 09:47:54AM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I have a problem with tagging the way the tree is right now.  The threaded
> MPM is completely bogus, and I don't believe that the group should be
> encouraging it's use in production servers.  As the code stands right now,
> the threaded MPM can not be gracefully restarted or shutdown on a
> lightly-hit server.
>
> I see two ways to fix this.  Hold the tag/roll until the worker MPM is finished,
> hopefully sometime this week, or switch the default MPM to prefork.

+1 on switching the default MPM to prefork.  It's the sane thing to do.
You can still use threaded, but you should explicitly ask for it (and
you should be aware that it sucks unless you are benchmarking).

Ryan, I can try and help you out with the worker MPM next week - this
week I'm bogged down by eBuilt stuff.  -- justin