httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: GTest in watchdog fails with Apache...]
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 15:35:22 GMT
On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 11:17:18AM +0200, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> I have tested it with 1.3.20 it behaves the same way.

This is correct behavior on httpd's part.  It is a bug in Tomcat
(rather the Watchdog test).

The server should respond with the highest HTTP version it
supports.  Somewhere in the RFC is the rules for how to determine
whether it should be upgraded or not (it must still be parsable by
the original request version).  Roy or someone else can jump in here
if they want to discuss that vagaries of upgrading the response
version, but this is expected behavior.  -- justin