httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.26?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:40:59 GMT
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 1:03 PM

> > > At least on this front, I'm in total agreement... the httpd-test suite is
> > > excellent.  I've gotten to where I rely on it heavily to test any change I
> > > make (even small ones) before committing, because it's so good at sniffing
> > > out the subtle (and not-so-subtle) problems.  If everybody used it, we'd
> > > be set.
>
> Since apxs is so totally borked that it cannot run on httpd-2.0/win32 (unlike apache-1.3)
> that is mildly difficult in some quarters.  I've specifically introduced the cygwin support

> to allow me to build httpd-test.  We will see how this goes.

Well, just so those of you on cygwin are aware, it seems that there is a bit more work
todo before cygwin will work with httpd-test (although it serves pages by simply commenting
out the user and group directives.  I suspect that's the problem with the test framework,
as well.)  I'm jumping over to Doug's suggestion to customize the code just a bit for win32
native, as long as I have to do the work.  If anyone wants to play in cygwin, just check out
httpd-test from CVS, and go to town :)

> I'm asking key architechture questions to the list, and only about three of us are even
> participating in that discussion.  As long as that's true, I don't expect a release
> this year unless I follow c-t-r to underlying opportunities for future exploits to appear.
                s/I/we/          fix the

if it wasn't obvious in spite the total lack of grammer, and this doesn't just go for me ;)

There are enough others working dilligently in their corners of the code to get those
parts right - code I certainly don't grok (nor expect to.)  Thanks esp. Jeff, Ryan, Graham,
and the handful of others for touching new emits or breakage from my sometimes sloppy
incremental application of these patches.  I'm doing what I can to move or touch one bit
at a time so the commits are more easily reviewed; my layering is sometimes hazerdous.