httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v.j.orlikow...@gte.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/dav/fs config6.m4
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:00:26 GMT
On Wednesday, 15 Aug 2001, at 14:51:46,
Greg Stein wrote:
> That doesn't look right. Isn't that going to suck in the mod_dav files
> directly into mod_dav_fs ... meaning that we'd have *two* sets of those
> files in the process when the two modules were loaded?

You're right. This is something of a kludge.
I did it, following Brian Havard's thinking for OS/2.
It happens that it works... ;(

> Can't you resolve symbols against an exports file of some kind? I thought
> that was why we went thru the whole export crap.

In theory. However...
I did this to both the proxy, and mod_dav. The common issue?
Both have submodules (mod_dav_fs for mod_dav, and proxy_connect,
proxy_ftp, and proxy_http for proxy) which are separate DSOs.
Now, as it stands, all DSOs pull in an exports file for the main
server.
However, the submodules in proxy and dav require some of the functions
within the main modules (mostly those implemented by hooks - I would die
on proxy_hook_scheme_handler, for example).

I see only one other way to clean this up - generate a separate
exports file for any modules that have other modules depending on
them, and tack that exports file onto the main one for the
server. Unfortunately, I've tried this, and it doesn't work.

I am open to suggestions, however.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski   | The Wall is Down, But the Threat Remains!
v.j.orlikowski@gte.net | orlikowski@apache.org | vjo@us.ibm.com