httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Rename of lists
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:57:49 GMT
From: "Lars Eilebrecht" <lars@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 9:34 AM

> According to Rodent of Unusual Size:
>
> >  Historically, stuff directly at the 'Apache.Org' domain
> >  has been related to the HTTP server project.  Other
> >  major projects, like the XML and Java stuff, came
> >  afterward, and are based on a related hostname.
>
> BTW, would it make sense to change dev.apache.org
> to httpd-dev.apache.org? I would prefer moving
> this stuff to something like httpd.apache.org/dev/

There are two classes of info that need to be split...

http://dev.apache.org/ should remain.  Most of our projects use a common
mailing list, cvs, rsync and other tools.  Our 'general' charters are common.

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/ should contain the specific development rules,
tools and method we use for the httpd project (and subprojects.)

Bill