httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [ENHANCEMENT] htpasswd utility with DBM support
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 03:54:50 GMT
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 2:40 PM

... in theory.  However, please look at dbmmanage.pl again.  Unfortuantely, this
patch appears to wipe out any changes to the user's groups or comments, and certainly
doesn't allow the user to manipulate those.

If you don't mind submitting an dbmusers.c that rolls in these features, I would
definately be willing to consider droping the .pl script.  I'd really prefer we stay
with the dbmmanage syntax, and ultimately add some syntax to choose the dbm type,
if anyone gets to rolling that in apr-util and mod_auth_dbm.  [Then, we can finally
_delete_ mod_auth_db, presuming all the features have been rolled into mod_auth_dbm.]