httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.26?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:52:11 GMT
From: "Cliff Woolley" <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 10:09 AM

> At least on this front, I'm in total agreement... the httpd-test suite is
> excellent.  I've gotten to where I rely on it heavily to test any change I
> make (even small ones) before committing, because it's so good at sniffing
> out the subtle (and not-so-subtle) problems.  If everybody used it, we'd
> be set.

Looks like an excellent, well thought ought testbench.  Shame it doesn't run everywhere.

If stipe's patches 'take' then we are moving forward.  Of course it cannot test the
native win32 mpm on windows today, only prefork on cygwin.  But if that's a start,
I'll be satisfied.

BTW - I'm committing Stipe's patch to disable threads (well, double checking that
it's the correct patch) since many aspects of threading and foo_r detection are
broken on cygwin.

Bill