httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_protocol.c
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 16:15:25 GMT
From: "Jeff Trawick" <trawick@attglobal.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 6:55 AM

> >   Modified:    modules/http http_protocol.c
> >   Log:
> >     Restore to 1.333 state (problematic, in that we could be facing >(size_t)
> >     bytes, but better till I figure out the _right_ fix.

> >   -                               &asmuch) != APR_SUCCESS) {
> >   +                               &r->remaining) != APR_SUCCESS) {

> I guess you know that r->remaining is apr_off_t but ap_get_brigade()
> wants apr_size_t *?  (warnings now on AIX at least)

That's why that (borked) patch went in in the first place, before I reverted.

> Is there a reason why r->remaining can't be apr_off_t?

(can't be apr_size_t?)  We aught to transition all the send/recv/byterange
code to apr_off_t.  What about the converse?  Accept (and limit) an apr_off_t
to ap_get_brigade?  All the other brigade semantics (except read) take an
apr_off_t.  (Individual buckets take apr_size_t.)