httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/tls mod_tls.c
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 06:57:06 GMT
From: "Chuck Murcko" <chuck@topsail.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 1:41 AM

> On Wednesday, August 1, 2001, at 02:27 AM, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
>
> > wrowe       01/07/31 23:27:08
> >
> >   Modified:    modules/tls mod_tls.c
> >   Log:
> >     Port mod_tls.c from Eastern Europe to Apache-land
> >

> Man, that was cold. 8^)

The message, or the end-result?  Sorry if it was 'curt'.

I use Hungarian notation all the time when I'm in the midst of developing
com classes in c++.

It's the context change.  When I see people/things/code out-of-place, it
takes me time to jump from one to the other.  I've really been dogging it
trying to debug mod_tls/ssl stuff in Hungarian notation.  I expect to be
adding ccom_BSTR classes all over the place :)

If we have an 'Apache' style (which we do, IMHO), it is to help us, and the
other coders out there to 'get it'.  This code wasn't really grokable when
pouring through the Apache API.

Notice I didn't change the engine stuff.  Since that's the thunk to OpenSSL,
and OpenSSL is in Hungarian notation (usually), I have no problem leaving
such things alone.

Anyone who objects to any specifics, feel free to improve upon my changes,
and I'm sorry if that comment came off as rude.  I didn't mean it to be,
I respect 'both camps', I just try to keep each camp with their campers.