httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c request.c
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:22:52 GMT
From: "Barrie Slaymaker" <barries@slaysys.com>
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 3:22 AM

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 05:10:17AM -0000, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
> >        core_a = ap_get_module_config(a->elt, &core_module);
> >        core_b = ap_get_module_config(b->elt, &core_module);
> >   -    if (IS_SPECIAL(core_a)) {
> >   - if (!IS_SPECIAL(core_b)) {
> >   -     return 1;
> >   - }
> >   +
> >   +    if (core_a->r < core_b->r) {
> >   +        return -1;
> >        }
> >   -    else if (IS_SPECIAL(core_b)) {
> >   - return -1;
> >   +    else if (core_a->r > core_b->r) {
> >   +        return 1;
> >        }
>
> Does this bit mean that regex-based sections won't run in config-file
> order, but in order of their positions in the heap?

They always have run in this order,

  1. Non regex expressions first, then all regex'es
  2. By the number of components (so '/', then '/foo', then '/foo/bar')
  3. By their order in the configuration file.

The only thing this patch changes is that 'specials' (such as proxy: entries)
cannot be in <Directory > sections.  The proxy: entries can now be configured
with <Proxy > sections.  And my patch to run Proxy entries doesn't sort them
at all (I have posted the question to the modproxy-dev list, if we even want
them sorted by any critera.)

Bill