httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Tarun Upadhyay" <ta...@induslogic.com>
Subject Re: About image processing and cache.
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2001 15:16:33 GMT
You will also need to do the following

a) Configure all your cgi scripts for image processing to do it in GET
directives. So your URL queries will look like:

http://www.yourhost.com/processimage.cgi?image=penguin.jpg&rectangle.x=100&r
ectangle.y=400

this is probably what you intend to do, anyways.

b) Configure mod_rewrite to show this to user as a direct URL (without query
variables).
so before mod_rewrite process the above query it may look something like:

http://www.yourhost.com/processimage/penguin.jpg/rectangle/100_400

c) and of course, configure your cgi script so that generated image has long
timeout from cache

This will also "aggregate" your image processing.

With Warm Regards
Tarun Upadhyay
http://www.tarunupadhyay.com