httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject mod_negotiation.c 1.74
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 04:31:21 GMT
This introduces a bug...

Revision 1.74 / (download) - annotate - [select for diffs] , Fri Aug 24 03:04:44 2001 UTC
(79 minutes, 1 second ago) by trawick
Branch: MAIN
Changes since 1.73: +1 -1 lines
Diff to previous 1.73 (colored)
buffer .var maps to avoid asking the kernel for one byte at a
time

note that a system trace of .var map processing still shows an
extra read() after we hit EOF the first time; we could make
use of the EOF flag in APR to avoid the read() or play with
mod_negotiation

Suggested by: Marc Slemko

We now fail to read mmap var content entirely.  This is bad.
However, it is as likely as not that the apr_seek code is simply
broken on Win32 buffered files.  Please, let me know if you are
seeing only a single variant listed for .var files if you set your
language to something like xx for a Unix server, so I know where to
look first in the morning.

We actually flip between gets and read, which makes things tricky.

Thanks.