httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Win32 APACHE_2_0_24 .mak files untagged
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:15:25 GMT
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 7:18 PM

> The win32 .mak files are untagged.  I can either ..., or cvs rm these all.

Well, they've been cvs rm'ed (good point Ian, thanks!)

> Below is the zip file of the generated mak/rc files that will go in the
> final tarball, if nothing changes.  Feel free to checkout the APACHE_2_0_24
> branch, unzip this into the httpd directory, and test.

First, the zip file is renamed to ...

http://www.apache.org/~wrowe/httpd-2_0_24-win32-build.zip

If you care for a pgp sig ...

http://www.apache.org/~wrowe/httpd-2_0_24-win32-build.zip.asc

This was on a VC6 build machine, and once again, I was bitten by win32 platform
includes sneaking into the deps.  I hate the sysincl.dat schema, always is rebroken
by every platform SDK release.  I'd love to see what it takes to get an MS engineer's
workstation configured to productively accomplish anything with any team project.

Anyways, the file includes the rc's, mak's and dep's.  Any win32 users, again,
please feel free to checkout the repository and;

  1. build without this zip package (you must have awk installed and cannot be
     using VC5!) from the command line

  2. build without this zip package (you must have awk installed) - from within
     the developer studio (build the InstallBin package.)  Once it is built, you
     can export your own .mak files (project - export mak) - but it can't figure
     out the dependencies until a tree is built with the auto-generated files.

  2. unpack this zip into the build tree, and build from the command line on
     any VS version, with or without awk.

To build with openssl, you must have installed openssl in the srclib tree (I use
Mark's Junction.exe from sysinternals.com to just symlink all my trees into the
master copy).  You must build with ntdll.mak, static won't work right now.

Please abuse and report back.  Hope you all find success with this overhaul.

Bill