httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Are we done with the tls example yet?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:28:46 GMT
From: "Jerry Baker" <jerrybaker@weirdness.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 10:19 PM

> SSL appears to work, TLS does not (last I tested).

I'm looking at the work to backport the SSL changes to TLS, and what the impact
of setting up all the SSL 'feature' hooks into a TLS would entail.

I'm becoming convinced that mod_tls (while it was a _great_ starting point!) can
now be depreciated, and any simplification should happen within SSL itself.

The effort to really build upon mod_tls just doesn't appear worth it.  I'm happy
(if anyone wants it around) to relegate it to modules/test/.  It served its
purpose (modeling SSL filtering), I don't see the advantage of hanging on to it.

Other thoughts, anyone?

Bill