httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: 2.0.24 tagged.
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:59:59 GMT
From: "Ryan Bloom" <>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 5:29 PM

> The module is working.  It isn't optimized yet, big difference.

No, it wasn't.  The fact that daledeus didn't segfault doesn't mean problem solved.

Either one of Bill's or my patch were required to close the potential segfaults.  I've
committed essentially what Bill asked for.  Of course, it slows down mod_mime a bit more,
but robustness over speed :)  The optimization patch is not offered to 2.0.24 - It would
wait (if anyone adopts it) for 2.0.25.

I pushed the tag on the final patch to mod_mime, so we are no longer -1 to roll.

Of course the make files are entirely broken.  C'est la vie.

We have two categories, now, of frequently changed resources that _should_ be available
to win32 users when they download the 'zip'ball, the .mak files, and pre-awk'ed .rc files
(as well as pre-build bison/yacc ssl parsers.)

I suggest we rip the win32 make files from the tree.  Whomever packages the .zip will
simply have to roll them in, just as the unix tarball requires the autoconf to be run
once.  Comments?  If I have concensus, I'll untag the .mak files, as well, before I
actually prune them.

> On Thursday 16 August 2001 10:57, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > -1 on rolling until mod_mime is fixed.
> >
> > I pointed out on a thread earlier that the hash _entities_ are still
> > broken, although the hash _table_ works with Greg's patch.

View raw message