httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.23 tarballs up
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:12:22 GMT
From: <TOKILEY@aol.com>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 7:02 PM

> I think once the original Win32 project files are stored 'as-is' into
> the tarball ( as binary versus text to preserve CR/LF ) then this is
> all a moot point and both PKZIPW and WinZip will produce a
> loadable Apache.dsw project. That's the way it's always been
> but I might be the only one left using PKZIPW for Win32 so
> it probably doesn't matter.

That's absolutly bogus nonsense.

Some 90% of the sources are _text_files_.  (10% or whatever are graphics.)

A text file is a text file is a text file.

CVS knows the difference [for a reason].

If I'm on a 390, I have a bunch of ebcdic files.  So what?  They are text.
They don't go into a repository as binary, unless they have some really bizzare
formatting or escapes in them.

I'm fixing my lineends.pl file that will cleanly translate the line endings on
a unix or dos machine into unix or dos.  Then anyone can use zip on unix to create
the win32 image.  The only hangup?  Perl's utime isn't doing what I expected on
Unix, so it's touch'ing the date stamps when I coded it not to.

There will be no binary .dsp or .dsw files in cvs.  ever.

Bill