httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: modifying MIME handling
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 22:18:07 GMT
From: "Paul Bayley" <bayleyp@mac.com>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 12:25 AM

> >The one problem I'd like to see addressed that mod_mime_* mechanisms respect the
decisions
> >that are made before, and this becomes a run-all instead of a run-until-success.
 With now
> >five different aspect to detect (we've got language, content-type, forced handlers,
charset
> >and one I'm forgetting), we have to get off the idea that one mod_mime_any module
will ever
> >answer all the questions :)
>
> But how does one set module priority per directory?

You don't, nor do you need to.

Your mod_mime_file_attr module would always run first.  It's per-dir config would set up the
enabled/disabled flag.  In the mime phase, it would simply return declined.

This is the best solution on hfs volumes, so you set it as HOOK_FIRST.

Apache doesn't need a per-dir ordering.  It's much more expensive if we make that decision

on every hook chain, then if a module author implements it when it's needed.

Bill