httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "jlwpc1" <jlw...@mail.earthlink.net>
Subject WSH works
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:49:18 GMT

From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>>

Say what?

What does MSI need?

What does IE use and install?

Welcome to WSH!

What version of IE is now required for Apache?

Really, what "developer" or even user doesn't
have IE installed?

Do not most, if not every Windows developer
and user of Apache Windows already
have Windows Script Host installed (WSH)?

Go to a command line window and type:
cscript.exe //logo
or
wscript.exe //logo

What happens?

WSH general info follows:

The pattern syntax in the Version 5 script engines is the same as that in Perl 5.0. Refer
to the V5 scripting engine documentation at http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/default.htm
for further detail and http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/languages/clinic/scripting051099.asp

for examples.

End info.

Remember, that Apache will always use "native ways" if available!

No download needed!

Try it,
JLW