httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [Spread-users] send text to spread group from command line?]
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:33:21 GMT
On Monday 27 August 2001 08:14, George Schlossnagle wrote:
> Hmmm...  I undesrtand you concern.  It might be nice to have a 'panic' type
> log.  Still, implementing a RUN_FIRST hook has the benefit of saying 'Try
> and log however you want, and if you fail, then fall onto core_logging'.
> Sometimes people don't want redundancy in their logs, sometimes you want to
> be guaranteed you have one copy of it somewhere without always having 3
> copies.

I understand this.  The problem is that a RUN_FIRST removes any level
of redundancy.  A RUN_ALL allows the server admin to setup as much
redundancy as they want.  If you want to log to just spread, then set
ErrorLog to /dev/null.  If it is a RUN_FIRST, and I want to log to spread,
and send an SNMP trap whenever I get a critical error, how do I do that?

This needs to be a RUN_ALL.

Ryan