httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c request.c
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:41:55 GMT
On Monday 27 August 2001 06:22, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> [...]

Actually, they are closer than you might think.  quick_handler's purpose is to allow
requests to be served as quickly as possible.  It skips a lot of phases of the
request to accomplish that.  If map_to_storage is tweaked a bit, it can accomplish
the same thing.

Basically, the map_to_storage function that succeeds would tell the server how many
of the hooks that follow map_to_storage that it should skip before the handler phase.

This has a couple of advantages over quick_handler, the first one being that it
is more general, and the second that it means we go back to having one location that
data is sent to the network.

If that change is made to map_to_storage, then I would be with OtherBill, and
suggest that quick_handler should be removed.

Ryan