httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: odd content length goings on
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2001 22:55:47 GMT
On Sunday 26 August 2001 15:53, Marc Slemko wrote:
> if I have a CGI that generates less than 8k of output, the content length
> doesn't get set.
>
> If it generates between 8k and 32k or something like that, it does.
>
> is this a known bug?

Why are you assuming this is a bug?  It looks like in the first request, we are unable
to read the data for some reason, but the second request, when the content-length
filter tries to read the CGI data, it is able to.

The C-L filter tries to determine how much data is there, if it can't read everything,
then it just passes to the next filter, and we use either chunking, or we close the
connection after the request.

Ryan