httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject Re: ldap?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:20:33 GMT

> [About mod_ldap - if it accomplishes nothing (standing alone) yet is very
> useful functionallity, it really does deserve it's own apr-ldap
> repository.]

No.  That is where we started from.  Graham sent a large patch that did all
of this, but a lot of it didn't really belong in APR or APR-util, because
it had nothing to do with portability.  Based on the number of problems we have
had figuring out where this code belongs, there is a BIG part of me that thinks it
probably doesn't belong as a part of httpd.  Either the ASF should create an ldap
project, or perhaps this should just be contributed to openldap.  I don't
really have an answer, I'm just trying to figure out the best solution.

> pps - it would be really nice to have a single checkout called httpd-all
> that grabs everything, wouldn't it :-?

Ryan Bloom
Covalent Technologies

View raw message