httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/aaa config.m4
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2001 06:28:08 GMT
On Friday 17 August 2001 23:15, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 11:08:51PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > If the user says, "--enable-modules=all", then the user has said, "I want
> > ALL of the modules in the server".  We have just disabled that, because
> > now even if I ask for all modules, I won't get them all.  That is bad.
> You don't get mod_ssl if you ask for them all.  =-)  (This leads to
> my suggestion below...)

That's just bogus.  It is only like that, because mod_ssl didn't work until very
recently.  If you ask for all, you should get them all.  If you only want the ones
that most people use, you should ask for most.  BTW, mod_ssl will be moved
to most as soon as it is more stable.

> > Then we should fix the modules, and learn to find the dependancies
> > correctly, or if we can not find the dependancies, then we should exit
> > out of the configure step with an error.  Then, the user is informed up
> > front that we aren't able to configure their chosen modules, and they can
> > either install the items they need, or they can disable that module.
> I can switch these two offenders (mod_auth_db and mod_auth_digest) to
> have the no flag set (like mod_ssl), so that they are never built
> unless asked for explicitly.  I will keep my change in there, but
> change the warning (disabling) to AC_MSG_ERROR - this way we will
> fail if the module determines that its prereq check failed.
> Is that reasonable?  -- justin

The second part is, yes.  mod_auth_db and mod_auth_digest should be
enabled if the user asks for all.  We should just do a better job making sure
that they can be built.

Ryan Bloom
Covalent Technologies

View raw message