httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Apache config files and alternate config sources
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:39:27 GMT

This has been discussed before, and was the original goal for the
configuration tree approach.  The decision in the past has always been
that Apache config files are stored text files.  If you want to store them
somewhere else, then create a pre-processor to grab the config data from
some other location, and store it in a text file.  In fact, this idea was vetoed
the last time Greg Stein and I brought it up.  Take a look through the list
archives from just after the London ApacheCon, at about the time that the
util_cfgtree.c file was added to CVS.

Ryan