httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Currently known issues with 2.0.23 (very few! :)
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 14:34:05 GMT
On Tuesday 07 August 2001 23:53, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> Known issues with 2.0.23:
>
> 1) Win9x, WinME, and Netware do not yet work.
> 2) Unix: The threaded MPM might take longer than expected to restart or
>    shutdown on very-low-traffic (near idle) servers.  This is due to the

I dislike this.  It's the "near idle" that bothers me.  We rely on the OS to never
starve a thread to get any restart or shutdown.  The server could easily be getting
hit moderately, and not shutdown correctly.  I don't want to see us down-play the
problem, and have people think that the server is working when it isn't.  There is a
real chance that an admin can do a graceful restart, and still be serving requests
off the old config for a very long time.

Ryan