httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject 2.0.23 tagging this afternoon
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 16:47:54 GMT

I have a problem with tagging the way the tree is right now.  The threaded
MPM is completely bogus, and I don't believe that the group should be
encouraging it's use in production servers.  As the code stands right now,
the threaded MPM can not be gracefully restarted or shutdown on a
lightly-hit server.

I see two ways to fix this.  Hold the tag/roll until the worker MPM is finished,
hopefully sometime this week, or switch the default MPM to prefork.

I want to stress that I am perfectly fine with just switching the default MPM
to the prefork MPM.  Leaving the default at threaded, makes people think that
we expect this MPM to work properly, which we really don't.

Ryan