httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/include http_core.h
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 21:24:35 GMT
From: "Greg Stein" <gstein@lyra.org>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 4:07 PM

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 06:12:02PM -0000, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
> > wrowe       01/08/24 11:12:02
> >
> >   Modified:    server   core.c request.c
> >                include  http_core.h
> >   Log:
> >     sec, sec, who's got a sec?  This gave me a headache, but I had to clear
> >     out the last patch before I rearranged this to be _readable_.
> >
> >     Next step for everyone's sanity, provide <Proxy > directives ;)
>
> *THANK YOU*
>
> I ran into that crap when I was doing the "ap_conf_vector_t" work. Took a
> lot of duct tape to repair my head. Just never got a chance to go back and
> fix the stuff.

You are welcome :)

I'm not approaching this again until I've slept on it.  I have the patch
essentially finished, adding a per-'dir' (proxy location, really) pattern
of p, with a isregex flag of r.  That's about as complicated as it gets.

I'll commit the patch to Proxy in the morning, it will break any module that
'fakes' a filename.  Essentially, a new hook, ap_walk_hook or some such, will
run for an OK.  Proxy will grab that hook, so all is well.  Anybody else who
munges a 'fake' request, with a non-absolute path, will have to do the same.

There will be no more 'faux' filenames.  It's either an absolute path, or
undefined (and irrelevant.)  A few modules will get to deal with in anyways
(such as mod_mime.)

I'll start tommorow and wrap up tommorow, so everyone can take a look at what
else this impacts.  But getting rid of 'specials' is the only way to clean out
directory_walk of all it's very heavy cruft.

Bill