httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: pools and buckets/brigades, WAS: RE: Review of possible replacement for pools
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2001 18:40:34 GMT

> I have a problem with the original question though.  I don't understand why
> anybody is trying to state that if people want to improve the pools code, they
> shouldn't, because we use malloc in one place in the code.  People are
> free to work on whatever they want.

I am not being philosophical. Sure, people can spend their time doing whatever they want.
I assume open source developers like to see others benefit from their labor. If the goal
is to improve the performance of the http server, (remember this was posted to dev@httpd
and that is why I reference the http server), they are wasting their time trying to
improve the pool code. There are clearly more serious memory allocation problems to solve
first.

Gotta run. Party on...

Bill