httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: seg fault in 2.0.23 :-(
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 05:08:28 GMT
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 08:26:12PM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > I was just able to recreate this on my Windows machine. Will post an analysys (and
perhaps
> > a fix) later on.
>
> I have a potential fix but no ability to recreate the fault.  ;-)
> Given the butt-ugly nature of the current code, I'll commit what I have and
> you can take it from there.
>
> ....Roy

Still broken after your commit.

The problem is that we are creating an extension_info out of a subrequest pool and
sticking it into a longer lived hash table (allocated out of the request pool I'm
guessing). When we pull the extension_info out of the hash table later and try to use it,
we seg fault because the storage has been reused for something else. No thoughts on a fix.

Bill