httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gomez Henri" <new-ht...@slib.fr>
Subject Re: recommanded configure for 2.0.24 ?
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2001 00:19:54 GMT
>On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 02:06:53AM +0200, Gomez Henri wrote:
>> May be the following is more recommanded ?
>>
>> ./configure \
>> --with-mpm=threaded \
>> --enable-so \
>> --enable-module=all \
>> --enable-mods-shared=all \
>> --enable-so \
>> --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/include/
>
>Yes, I'd recommend this one as it is much cleaner. =-)
>
>Maybe --enable-mods-shared=most as it will disable modules that
>aren't supported on your platform (all will stop if it finds a module
>that can't be built). I wouldn't specify the --with-mpm as this
>allows us to specify the MPM. Our default is prefork for a good
>reason. =-) -- justin

Yes, on Linux prefork is selected by default. threaded seems to works
fine, but perchild is no more useable since mod_ssl failed to build.

Using prefork mode on Linux make Apache 2.0 equivalent to
Apache 1.3 ? No more threads in that case ?

I've got a question for you gurus, I'm working on mod_jk,
tomcat connector, and I must make some task ONLY
one time, regardless of MPM used (threading, forked, mixed).

What strategy could I use ?