httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: OSDLab projectL Accept() locking on large (6+ CPU) boxes
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:24:57 GMT
Aaron Bannert <aaron@ebuilt.com> writes:

> The hard part about this (at least for me) is the multitude of variables
> that go in to deciding the implementation of the accept() mutex. Is there
> a way I can find out (at runtime) what implementation is being used?

Put "AcceptMutex foo" in your apache configuration file.

Either "foo" is the mechanism or Apache will fail to initialize.

(If you really do put "AcceptMutex foo" literally in your config file,
the resulting error message will display suitable replacements for
"foo" on your system :) )

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...