httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject ap_graceful_stop_signalled()
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:49:49 GMT
All this seems to be used for is to see if we should accept another
request on a keepalive connection, so it seems fair to see if it can
be changed.

There are reasons other than graceful restart why we wouldn't want to
accept another request:

. MaxRequestsPerChild reached (a threaded MPM can reach that limit
  independent of what is happening on this connection)

. some other sort of shutdown (yeah, graceless shouldn't care but we
  don't know how to knock out threads portably AFAIK; weird MPMs may
  have their own ideas about what to do)

Why not replace ap_graceful_stop_signalled() with a call to
ap_mpm_query(), as in:

  int mpm_exiting;

  ap_mpm_query(AP_MPMQ_IS_EXITING, &mpm_exiting);
  if (mpm_exiting) {
    break;
  }

or something more explicit like

  AP_MPMQ_SHOULD_START_NEW_REQUEST      <- yeah, stupid name
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...