httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: ap_dechunk_filter
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 19:49:34 GMT
Chuck Murcko <chuck@topsail.org> writes:

> Is the state WANT_TRL (awaiting trailers) in the dechunk filter really
> necessary? Can't we just read all this after the end of the chunked
> body, and just complete the transaction, and return to WANT_HDR state?

Hey, it makes sense to me like it is :)  I like the minimization of
places where we bail out (after calling ap_getline()) and I like the
minimization of logic in each state.

What's the point?  Is it not working for you somewhere?  I suspect you
really mean something like

  Gee whiz, I'm having trouble using the dechunk filter in XXX because
  YYY.  I think that if I changed it to do ZZZ then it would work for
  XXX as well as for the normal path.

Have fun,
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...