httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Apache/2.0.22-dev is running on apache.org
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:27:38 GMT

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 06:07:03PM -0400, Greg Ames wrote:
> > *  an assert() trap, also in apr_sendfile, for the problem which is
> > responsible for the most core dumps on daedalus (APR_SUCCESS + 0 bytes
> > sent - wtf??), and
>
> Could this be from sendfile returning EAGAIN?
>
> When testing it on Solaris, sendfilev would return EAGAIN and 0 bytes
> sent if the socket isn't ready yet.  (FreeBSD has the closest
> semantics to Solaris as any others out there.)  -- justin

Hmm - are you sure you do not get an EPIPE in that case ? Peraps it should
be
            /* FreeBSD's sendfile can return -1/EAGAIN even if it
             * sent bytes.  Sanitize the result so we get normal EAGAIN
             * semantics w.r.t. bytes sent.
             */
            if ((rv == -1) &&
		((errno == EAGAIN) || (errno == EPIPE )) &&
		(nbytes))
            {
                rv = 0;
            }