httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: BSD Accept filters
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:10:02 GMT

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> 0	Change the 'exit' when the sockopt fails for SO_ACCEPTFILTER
> 	to a warning;.
> 1	Leave as is; but provide an AcceptFilter on/off directive
> 	to switch it off - if SO_ACCPETFILTER is defined.
> 2.	Have AcceptFitler on/off on all platforms; it is just a
> 	NOP unless SO_ACCEPTFILTER is defined. THis makes your
> 	config file more portable (as an <if core> module selector
> 	is not going to work).
> 3.	As '2' - but give a warning if someone sets it to 'on'
> 	on a platform which does not support it.

3.

once "AcceptFilter" has support on linux, i think we will want an on/off
(default to on) because there's a possibility the current implementation
isn't up to snuff on large n-way SMP boxes, and those folks will want it
turned off.  (but i want the default "on" because that's better for most
people.)

i don't think failing to turn on the accept filter should be an error at
all.

-dean