httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: memory leak on daedalus
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 19:47:05 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, GUMMALAM,MOHAN (HP-Cupertino,ex2) wrote:

> So why are we setting up a socket connection in ap_mpm_pod_signal() in the
> first place?  To me it seems that is uncalled for.
>
> I have noticed that the apr_poll_socket_add(pollset, pod->pod_in,...) is not
> being done in worker_thread() !  Any specific reason why?
>
> I have implemented apr_poll_socket_add(pollset, pod->pod_in, APR_POLLIN),
> and removed the socket call from ap_mpm_pod_signal(), and preliminary sanity
> checks show that things are working fine.
>
> So is there something that I am missing?  Must be, because opening a socket
> connection to force a select call to succeed is not a bright solution IMO.

Try restarting the server.  We use that socket to connect to the server to
pop a thread out of select or accept (depending on how many ports we are
listening on).  If you can find some other way to pop the thread out of
select without signals and without forcing us to use select when only
listening on one port, then you will have a better solution than we have
today.

The reason for not doing the poll on the pod, is that if we add the pod to
the select, then we are forced to do a select, even when we are only
listening on one port.  We had the design you are trying months ago, and
stopped using it so that we could use SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT,
and try to combine a lot of common code.

Ryan