httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0.20
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:57:11 GMT
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Gonyou, Austin wrote:

> Not to start a flame war, but isn't MOD_TLS, while not perfect, is there and
> useable from what I understand.

mod_tls implements the SSL filtering logic, but it doesn't try to
implement the surrounding logic that a true SSL module requires.  The idea
is that mod_ssl will use the TLS filters to do the actual filtering, but
mod_ssl will implement the other pieces, like Cert storage, CRL's,
passpharses, etc.

Ryan