httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: AssignUserID and ChildPerUserID
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 19:20:47 GMT

That is the goal, but I can't gaurantee that it still works.  The last
time I checked, it didn't work any more.

The general idea is

ChildperUserID uid gid child_num

<VirtualHost ...>
    AssignUserID uid gid
</VirtualHost>

What this will do, is the ChildperUserID assigns a specific child to use
a specific uid/gid.  The child num is the child number, remember that
perchild specifies the number of child processes to have at any one time.
So, if you specify 3 child processes, then you can assign one uid/gid to
child 1, one to child 2, and one to child 3.  Any you don't assign a
uid/gid to will use the uid/gid specified in User and Group directives.

The AssignUserID tells a given virtual host that it should only use child
processes that have the specified uid/gid.

As I said, I can't guarantee this will still work.  I believe that the fd
passing is broken currently.

Good luck,

Ryan