httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 20:33:26 GMT

> > Bill, there is no fix for this.  If the content_length filter determines
> > that a C-L is required, then we can't stream CGI's.  It looks like the
> > problem is simply that we are using the wrong options to apr_bucket_read.
> > Switch that to a APR_NONBLOCK_READ, and the problem should go away.
> >
> > Ryan
>
> I don't think changing the read in the content_length filter to nonblocking is the right
> solution to this problem because we still need to force the network flush. I will
> investigate your suggestion though because I might be overlooking something.

You can't force the network flush, and you don't really want to.  If the
C-L filter is written correctly, then the C-L filter will determine that
it doesn't need to hold onto the data that it already has, and it will
send that data to the next filter in the stack.  The problem you are
seeing right now, is that the C-L filter is deciding that it does need to
hold onto the data that it has already read, which is incorrect.

Ryan