httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/threaded threaded.c
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2001 23:22:41 GMT
On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 03:51:43PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > On 1 Jul 2001 rbb@apache.org wrote:
> >
> > > rbb         01/07/01 15:49:33
> > >
> > >   Modified:    server/mpm/threaded threaded.c
> > >   Log:
> > >   Fix the threaded MPM perform_idle_server_maintenance.  Basically, we now
> > >   count how many threads are actually idle, regardless of which process they
> > >   are in.  This patch makes us use (min_spare_threads|max_spare_threads)
> > >   * number_of_running_servers to determine if we should kill of processes or
> > >   start new ones.  This MPM no longer thrashes killing child processes as
> > >   soon as they are created, and the server continues to serve requests even
> > >   if the server is gracefully restarted and each child has one active thread.
> >
> > This patch should fix the threaded MPM.  If people will test it over the
> > next few hours, I will roll 2.0.20 late tonight.  I plan to wait about 3-4
> > hours before I roll, so that people can comment on if this solved their
> > problem or not.
>
> Can't we just retag that one file (threaded.c) as APACHE_2_0_19
> (whatever) and reroll?  Nobody but the "few" of us on here know about
> 2.0.19, right?  -- justin

There were a lot of changes since that tag was laid.  I wouldn't have a
problem just retagging that file if we had done everything in a few hours,
and nothing else had been committed.  Since it took a few days, I do not
believe this is a good idea.  We are better off just tagging as 2.0.20,
IMNSHO.

Ryan