httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [PATH] MPMT single acceptor patch
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:53:17 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Should we APRize the fdqueue.[ch] code and stick it in apr-util?  It
> may be a little lightweight to merit that though.  However, it also
> relies on pthread condition variables.  Maybe now would be a good
> time to add condition variables to APR?  Do other platforms have
> the concept of condition variables?
>
> (I know Aaron would love to see condition variables in APR.)  -- justin

mod_perl uses Perl's abstraction for condition variables, i would be
much happier using an apr version, since the code that makes use of
them is not specific to mod_perl or Perl.  i had started to lift this out
into something for apr ages ago, but never submitted anything.  i just put
the files here that might be useful as a reference:
http://apr.apache.org/~dougm/modperl_thread.c
http://apr.apache.org/~dougm/modperl_thread.h