httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <>
Subject 2.0.23?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 05:14:54 GMT
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> > also happens without either.  i just hit this in the modperl 'make
> > test' after syncing.  its related to this change:
> >
> > cvs diff -r1.333 -r1.334 modules/http/http_protocol.c
> >
> > after backing it out (not committed yet) things are working again.
> Yup.  My bad.  I've backed it out.  Thank you for finding this!

This is yet another problem with 2.0.22, and a rather troublesome one at
that.  Thanks for the research, guys.  Good work.

There are enough things wrong with 2.0.22 that are already fixed that I'm
going to go ahead and tag 2.0.23 first thing Thursday morning as I
suggested in my State of the beta email.  If it turns out to be obviously
better than 2.0.22, which I believe it will, then we'll go with 2.0.23
instead.  Of course, we still technically have a "go ahead" vote for
2.0.22 as a beta... we'll kind of have a tarball death match to see which
one wins more support as a beta.  =-)

In the meanwhile, I'd ask everyone to please give 2.0.23-dev a really good
shakedown and let's try to make sure any lingering build errors are
cleaned up.  Sorry if this process has been tedious, but I want this beta
to really shine.

PS: Fixes for the Mac OS X/Darwin problem have still not been committed.
It was two problems... one of which was the version of buildconf on
icarus, no doubt (hence the old config.guess in the tarball).  I'll see
what I can do about that.  The other problem probably just needs a
configure check added or maybe some hints magic... can someone with a
Darwin box please do me a favor and fix this the right way, please?

   Cliff Woolley
   Charlottesville, VA

View raw message