httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tagging APACHE_2_0_22 (was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/threaded threaded.c)
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2001 02:37:13 GMT
On 28 Jul 2001 gregames@apache.org wrote:

> gregames    01/07/28 16:39:07
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                include  scoreboard.h
>                server/mpm/threaded threaded.c
>   Log:
>   Fix a problem where the threaded MPM stalls after restarts or segfaults.
>
>   Also prevent multiple active processes from using the same scoreboard slot.

Well, I still managed to get it into a slightly weird state, but I was
really abusing it at the time.  Same test as before, but I did several
gracefuls in quick succession.  The first few worked great!  Eventually I
got it into some weird state with a worker on each line of the
server-status output (is that one line per child, did you say?) that was
stuck in the G state, at which point my ab abuse test stopped working
until I killed my browser, even though it looks from server-status like
there were workers available.  <shrug>  I captured the extendedstatus
output if anybody wants to see it.  It's at:

http://cobra.cs.virginia.edu/~jcw5q/server-status.html

Bottom line, though... with this patch threaded is much better than
before, so I bumped the tags.  I'm going to go ahead and retag everything
as APACHE_2_0_22, because AFAIK this is the last outstanding issue (give
or take Jeff's Solaris/OS390 build problems which have known workarounds).

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA