httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CGI showstopper: Re: http://bugs.apache.org/ gives us a 500
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 01:00:19 GMT
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Which is why I just patched Win32's build to determine the path to
> perl for the printenv.pl :-)  You aren't the only one to trip on this.
> Never mind the things I was tripping over today (whoops ... forgot
> apr/apr-util ... gee, maybe we should warn the user in the make file
> :)

Is there any particular reason we aren't just using #!perl and crossing
our fingers that it's in the path?  I guess we're intentionally making it
hard to run the standard CGIs... but I think the user having to move them
out of cgi-examples is chore enough.  If they do that, they want them and
presumably understand the risks and will probably expect them to just
work, as I did.  Oops.  =-)

> Those sorts o' things.  It makes for a better system, when we actually
> get around and fix them up.

Yep.

In the process of debugging the easy problems as if they were hard (:-), I
discovered that mod_cgi.c doesn't compile in DEBUG_CGI mode because of
some undeclared variables (looks like that particular line got moved to a
new function where the variables no longer exist).  I'll fix that later...

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA